Not only must we continue with the programme, but we have to increase our operational and funding capacity too. To date our facility has hosted 109 mass sterilisation and primary treatment days where over 3300 patients have benefited from our FREE service
"You're pregnant? I'm too young to be a dad" - Tiger, 8 months
SA.MAST is extremely proud to report that after three years of a consistent mass animal sterilisation programme in Khayelitsha there is a visible reduction in the number of neglected pets in the area. Thank you, we owe this victory to all of our supporters!
However, our work is far from over. Not only must we continue with the programme, but we have to increase our operational and funding capacity too.With thousands of breeding cats and dogs still in Khayelitsha, we have no time to lose and we must capitalise on our gains. 5000 unwanted cats and dogs are being put to sleep every month in the WP, with your help we can change this figure and create healthier communities.
To date our facility has hosted 109 mass sterilisation and primary treatment days where over 3300 patients have benefited from our FREE service. This means we have successfully prevented the birth of at least 180 000 unwanted puppies and kittens.Our target is to sterilise 500 cats and dogs per month.
SA.MAST Activity Report : 1 January 2010 – 31 October 2010
- 895 sterilisation procedures have been successfully performed on cat and dog patients from Khayelitsha.
- All patients were recipients of free primary care treatments in the form of vaccinations, inoculations, de-worming and tick and flea control.
- All patients were collected from and returned to their homes free of charge.
- Over 2700 dogs have been dipped at our facility for free - this is over and above the number of sterilisation patients that have also been dipped.
- Over 600 puppies and kittens have received free tick and flea control treatment.
- Over 400 pets were de-wormed - this is over and above the number of sterilisation patients that have also been de-wormed.
- 28 kennels have been delivered to needy pets free of charge.
- 108 pet bedding parcels have been distributed free of charge.
- 6 tons of cat and dog food has been distributed to needy pets free of charge.
- We have secured emergency treatment for 52 sick or injured pets free of charge.
- We have rescued and re-homed 37 cats and dogs.
We are entirely dependent on donated time and funds to continue making these communities a humane and healthier home. You can help effect unprecedented change by supporting our mass animal sterilisation programme in any of the following ways:
Our website can now accept credit card donations and we can issue tax donation certificates
Donate pet food, wood for kennel building, pet care products
Request a debit order form be sent to you so that you can support us on a monthly basis for an amount of your own choosing
Sponsor prizes for fundraising purposes
Make a direct deposit, our bank account details are: SA.MAST, Nedbank. Acc no 1676031707, Bcc: 167609
Get a FREE MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card* and let Woolworths donate a percentage of what you spend at Woolworths to SA.MAST.