As SARDA Cape Town is not government funded, a large function of the volunteers is to raise the funds for the organisation to operate. Regular fund raising events range from the annual participation in the Cape Town Cycle Tour’s Charity Bond, the annual Antique and Constantia Gift Fairs and the monthly tin collection and car boot sale. Once or twice a year, SARDA arranges Open Gardens as part of their fundraising.
As part of fund raising, as well as remaining eco-friendly, SARDA offers horse manure for gardens in exchange for donations.
SARDA also sells good quality second hand riding gear.
Once a month (during school terms), SARDA invites anyone over 16 years of age to join a volunteers’ orientation to learn how SARDA operates and to offer special training for volunteers who wish to be active in the therapeutic horse riding classes.
THINGS YOU CAN DO FOR SARDA –
- Volunteer in classes - no previous experienced required.
- Join the Fundraising Committee - A wonderful team of hard working indiviuals
- Help at the Car Boot Sale – once a month
- Collect goods for our Car Boot Stall
- Help with the tin collection – once a month
- Assist with gardening and maintenance - Consistency is of essence in order to keep the grounds healthy.
- Sign up for “MySchool MyVillage” with Woolworths - as easy as 123 or contact www.myschool.co.za/supporter/apply
- Collect printer cartridges
- Collect plastic containers, e.g. margarine - school feeding scheme of one of our schools
- Sponsor a class per year/term/month - email contact firstname.lastname@example.org