Childrens Trust and Cape Town Opera. Previously she owned her own company, Tri Link Logistics cc and was nominated as one of the top women in business by Top 300. Melanie is passionate about seeking innovate ways of attracting corporate sponsorship and building community around the various projects she supports.
A strategic manager with a progressive track record of achieving outstanding business results through people and team development. Leads by example with a balanced, collaborative and coaching oriented management style based on integrity and credibility.
Proven record of highly skilled, communication and negotiation skills. Areas of effectiveness include strategic analysis of business requirements, development of innovative business so lutions and use of appropriate technology to expedite timely and cost effective business results.
She admits that her success is due to strong teamwork, applying all the principals of a successful fundraiser and being able to change and receive advice. She is committed to each cause that she engages with, by raising money and achieving alternative support for the organization. Accomplishing these goals includes planning, being able to manage time effectively and realizing that every opportunity presented needs follow through.
Her strategy includes all of the following:
• Researching prospective donors
• Creating a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
• Conducting fundraising strategies for the organization
• Identifying and contacting potential donors
• Organizing campaigns or events that will lead to soliciting donations
• Maintaining records of donor information for the growth of the data base
• Evaluating the success of previous fundraising events
• Training volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
• Ensuring that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied