MAMAS Alliance is a network of 28- independent autonomous grassroots organisations. We work in predominantly remote, rural, semi-urban and urban areas in South Africa providing structural and practical daily care to the most vulnerable and needy citizens of our country: children.
This grassroots level network of MAMA POWER has been created among organisations receiving support from Children’s Fund MAMAS, an NPO based in the Netherlands which raises funds for childcare organisations in South Africa.
During the Children’s Fund MAMAS Bi-Annual SHARE Conference in 2014, these organisations unanimously agreed to come together and form an Alliance in order to achieve a combined impact through a combined effort. This resulted in the founding of MAMAS Alliance, a voluntary coalition of autonomous reputable grassroots NPOs in childcare.
The CSI Agency of MAMAS Alliance:
DIFFERENT IN FIVE WAYS
We are a CSI agency, facilitating Corporate Social Investment (CSI) and Socio-Economic Development (SED) initiatives across South Africa. We are completely different in the following five ways:
1. A unique alliance of 28 NGO's. We are a professional CSI Agency currently providing service and representation to 28 autonomous, leading and compliant NGOs all across South Africa:
- All NGOs focus on socio-economic development of impoverished communities.
- Though these NGOs are all different in approach and method, their focus is helping families and communities by supporting children and youth.
- Their concept is always community based care, both in rural and urban areas.
- Their service areas represent the broadest possible range of care and education, including early childhood development, skills development, after school care, care for orphaned and vulnerable children, nutritional programs, computer education, sports, residential care for children with disabilities and homeless children etc.
- All-in-all these NGOs together reach over 80,000 children with practical, daily care.
- All our Partner NGOs work in the heart of what CSI is meant for: structural and well thought-out socio-economic development.
2. We are a Non-Profit Company. So we offer our services at no cost, taking no fees or commission. Every cent you donate to or invest in our partners reaches the intended beneficiaries, because we are fully funded by an international organisation that believes in the importance of CSI in South Africa*.
3. We offer a broad portfolio of 400 pre-selected high quality projects all over South Africa, run by 28 leading, reputable and compliant NGOs, with a range of project choices that will tie in with your company’s vision, values and culture. We are confident that we will find a project that you will be eager to invest in.
4. We unburden your company (at no cost) by providing all CSI administrative functions and all documentation necessary to claim your tax rebates, B-BBEE Scorecard points, reporting in your annual report etc.
5. We developed a 30 Minute Concept that we can present to the right CSI decision maker within your company over the phone or in person. This exercise will enable us to send you a concrete proposal within one week on-
(a) projects to invest in that fully fit your policy, for you to choose from, and
(b) the unburdening value we can add free of charge.
* Our services are free, because Children's Fund MAMAS from the Netherlands fully finances us. They have co-funded South African NGOs for 15 years now. See www.childrensfundmamas.com