1. KMF offers a caring & supportive environment for youth at risk prior to attendance at quality schools, during the school career and post their high school career.
2. Meaningful positive relationships are initiated, nurtured and maintained through our mentorship, buddy programmes and support groups.
3. Improvement in academic performance through Accredited Assessments, tutoring classes, Basic Computer skills Training, Science workshops.
4. Provision of instrumental support such as transport to school, school stationery, uniform, textbooks etc.
5. Personal development is nurtured through Mindfulness, Developmental Camps, Soft Skills Development Workshops, Interview Preparation sessions. Each child has different psycho-social and development needs. KMF provides support and nurturing to each child based on his / her specific needs.
6. The visible and measurable positive change that we enable for the individual child and his / her family or household, which in return has a positive impact on their bigger family, community, our country and the world.
7. Narrowing the opportunity gap for financially under served children
8. It's a 99% matriculation pass rate over the last 20 years
The KMF has seen so many success stories from our previous youth who have continued to complete their tertiary studies and joined the world of work. Many of our children became doctors, lawyers, accountants, started their own Non-Profit Organisations and positively contribute to their own families, communities and the economy of our country. Through our programme we have broken the poverty cycle within each family of our beneficiaries and provided them with the opportunity to achieve their dreams. We are truly building leaders and creating sustainable change, one child and one family at a time.
Siyamthemba Mrawli - MBA Business Science
Siyamthemba was the first male scholar to be awarded the Kay Mason Foundation bursary and completed his schooling at the esteemed South African College School.
He graduated from the University of Cape Town with a degree in social sciences, majoring in International Politics, Economic History and Industrial Sociology.
He was then granted a scholarship to study an MBA at Blackburn University in the UK, which he completed cum laude in 2013.
He was further awarded a full bursary to do a master’s degree in Business Science at one of the top UK universities, which he also completed cum laude.
Duncan Johnson is making the world a better place one note at a time. He is a musician with an amazing personality. He is a humanitarian and offers his time and talent teaching others music and developing a passion for arts.
Nadine Moodie studied Law at the University of Stellenbosch.
“The scholarship has really been life-changing. At the time that I was in High School I had two other siblings that were also at high school. The scholarship came at the right time because I do not think my parents would have been able to send all three of us to a good school. The experience at the KMF changed my life forever, I was exposed to different cultures, different elements that I do not think I would have had exposure to. I met amazing peers at the KMF and even until today we still maintained a very good relationship. I also really enjoyed the workshops because they gave me insight into different aspects of life. I have continued to maintain a close friendship with Richard too, although he is a very busy guy, he is still able to keep in touch and it is as if he remembers all of us and that is what I love about him, he is so personal”