Services & Programmes
Age- 14 -35years
- NPO training, coaching, mentorship and after -care program- over 35years
- Disability Projects- – youth and over 35 years
- Job Readiness Training
- Waterless Car Wash
- Wood fire-oven Bakeries and Hospitality Training
- Career Guidance including High Schools
- School Drop Outs Program/Projects
- Grills and Chills fast foods (DTI project involving 5 youth)
- Hairdressing & Beauty Training Centre – youth and over 35 years
- Beautification of Used Tyres
- Gardening Project
- Youth released from Secure Care Centres Projects
- Basic Business skills includes Business Plan/Profile, Marketing, managing a Budget
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Co-operative training and registration
- Health and safety in a workplace
- Learner’s Driver’s License classes- code 8 – youth and over 35 years
- Recycling and Waste Management projects – Used Tyre Project
- Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety, HACCP Systems Training for co-operatives
- Coaching, mentoring and after care- includes home visits
- Life Skills-compulsory - Trauma Counselling, Anger Management, Rape & HIV/AIDS Dialogue
- Drug and Gangsterism awareness
Beauty training in partnership with Relax and Rejuvenate Mobil Spa
The skills based beauty course started in September 2016 and concluded in November 2016 with ten ladies of Hanover Park and one of Delft successfully completed the course.
The beauty project was directed at youth candidates who want to acquire skills to work in the beauty sector, polish their existing skill, get employment with Relax & Rejuvenate or open their own beauty salon with the ultimate aim to equip the candidates with the ability to practice successfully in this industry.
Age Group: 18 - 35 years
The Beautician and Massage course where they acquired the relevant skills to practice as a confident and competent Beautician.
- Develop professional attitude and knowledge of body & skin care, manicure, pedicure, massage techniques and methods.
- Produce a capable & skilful workforce as required by the prevailing market demands.
- Equip the trainees with skills and knowledge to ensure adherence to health safety measures in parlours and emphasize on business procedures.
This full training course of 8 weeks is valued at R15 800,00 per candidate and was offered FREE of charge!!
Hanover Park Youth Development Hub, Crystal High School in Hanover Park
However, over a short period of time our methodology and principles made a direct impact on the mind-set of these young ladies. This, in turn allowed them the freedom to interact confidently with the new acquired skill.
Through the training and methodology as listed in the table below, fully understand practical methods, implement the modules, events and activities below.
Beauty and Business skills modules
- Manicure and pedicure – practical and theory
- Health and Safety of pedicure and manicure
- Messaging – practical and theory
- Portfolio of evidence, assessments and class test
- Business class - Leadership Approach, managing your business, SARS procedures and Banking
- Rape Crises workshop
- Elderly pamper day- manicure, pedicure and messaging.
- Junior beauty competition- make-up and manicures of the contestants
- Miss Gay competition – make-up of the contestants
- Community work
- Be Dance Event- message event
Elderly Christmas Party
YISS adopted the elderly as their main beneficiaries- The 2016 Christmas lunch was in partnership with the Fairy Godmother NPO at the Hanover Park Youth Hub, where the youth prepared and served the lunch and desert. Over 100 elderlies were spoiled with hair, beauty, entertainment, awesome lunch and desert and gift.
This event was in partnership with Social Development Gugulethu and YISS provided the lunch, wellness and health and safety education/training on hair and products. The catering and hair services was prepared by the learners in the project.
Green Point Homeless Event
In partnership with the owner of Fibre Designs Mr. Pierre Antoine and Hope Street as part of Hope Street Homeless Christmas Party “Give Of Sharing campaign”. The Christmas lunch and pop up shop was catered by Hope Street Organization that feeds the homeless on a monthly basis in the Green Point Park.
The event was the December 10th in Green Point (opposite the Virgin Active) and we cater to approximately 50 homeless persons. The YISS youth/learners, community workers and staff set up a mobile salon and kitchen in Green Point Park.