Festive Concert raises R82 903.50 to feed learners with severe intellectual disabilitiesAuthor: email@example.com
On Tuesday 10 December, 2019, CBM SA and the Symphony Choir of Cape Town presented a special Festive Concert at Groot Constantia Wine Estate to raise funds for the Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA).
Thanks to a financial sponsorship from CBM SA and a great audience turnout, the concert managed to raise a fantastic R82 903.50. This amount will enable PSFA to provide the 60 learners with severe intellectual disabilities affected by poverty on our feeding programme at the Alta du Toit School, with daily nutritious meals for three calendar years!
The audience on arriving at the concert, were welcomed by the beautiful sounds of the Alta du Toit School Imbhewu Marimba Band which got everyone into a festive spirit.
At 7pm, after everyone had settled at their picnic spots on the lawns of the picturesque Groot Constantia Wine Estate, our director, Petrina Pakoe, the chairman of CBM South Africa, Dr William Rowland and the principal of Alta du Toit School, Marius Erasmus said a few words.
After the speeches, the Symphony Choir of Cape Town, soloists Grace Bagula and Nadia Fokkens and a brass ensemble under the baton of Alex Fokkens, performed a wonderful programme of festive favourites which included the Hallelujah chorus from Handel’s Messiah, Lift Thine Eyes from Mendelssohn’s Elijah, Gloria from Mozart’s Coronation Mass, You’ll Never Walk Alone from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel as well as a host of other classical choruses and popular sing a long carols. The soloist, Grace Bagula accompanied by Nadia Fokkens on cello, sang What Child is This, O Holy Night and I’ll be Home for Christmas. These talented young ladies are learners at Westerford High School.
PSFA would like to take this opportunity to thank the following organisations that contributed to this Festive Concert:
• CBM SA, the main financial sponsor of the concert. CBM is a Christian international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of
the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief
• Banks R & L Hiring for sponsoring the marquee and lighting for the choir and brass ensemble
• Viking Print for sponsoring the printing of the programmes, carol word sheets, posters and flyers
• Groot Constantia Wine Estate for providing the venue free of charge
• Alta du Toit School for providing the use of their school bus to shuttle guests and the Imbhewu Marimba Band who entertained everybody on arrival.
HOW TO CONTACT PSFA
PHONE: +27 (21) 447 6020
FAX: +27 (21) 447 6047
POSTAL: PO Box 154,
NAME: Peninsula School
BANK: Standard Bank
BRANCH: Thibault Square
ACCOUNT NO. 070894159
STATUS: Cheque Account
BRANCH CODE: 020909
SWIFT CODE: SBZAZAJJ
REG. NO. 002-878
PBO N0. 930010433
100% of your donation goes to the actual cost of feeding children. PSFA has Section 18A status, so donations are tax deductible.